Frequently Asked Questions
|"I was thrilled to have access to Mark of Accolade from the very beginning. I was uneasy about the process of booking bands - I've never done this before. He more than answered my questions and ALWAYS answered my calls!" |
-- Dr. and Mrs. Richard Schwartz, parents of the bride
"Since I was doing my planning from so far away, it was a little difficult, and Mark made the process so easy for me. He always answered my emails promptly, addressing all of my concerns and questions. He was totally committed to me feeling comfortable with the entire process, and I appreciated it so much."
-- Susan Grace Glidden, bride
The Accolade qualities that are most important to the majority of clients are highlighted on the Your Event page.
The answers to some of the other most common questions from prospective Accolade clients are below. If you have other questions, please Contact us.
Planning and Logistics
- I’ve never planned a wedding or special event before. Will Accolade help me with some of the logistical details that I might not think of otherwise?
- Will Accolade introduce my wedding party and/or guest speakers and announce my special events throughout the evening?
- Will Accolade be too loud, especially during dinner?
Accolade has made a substantial investment in state-of-the-art technology to help us control our volume while providing a superior sound quality in any setting.
For example, we are one of the only bands our size in St. Louis to have a customized in-ear monitor system, which allows us to eliminate stage monitor speakers and live guitar amps from the stage. This permits our sound technicians to have maximum control over the volume and quality of the sound the audience hears from our main speakers.
- How many breaks will you take, and how long will they last?
- Will your stage area look cluttered?
- Can we use your wireless microphones for our toasts, blessing, etc.?
- I’ve read your price list, but are there any hidden costs?
- What about meals? Am I required to feed all 9 members of the band?
- What is your policy regarding deposits?
- How much space do you need for the stage area, and do you require an actual stage?
- Do you provide lighting?
Music and Instrumentation
- How many musicians are in Accolade, and which instruments do they play?
- I know that Accolade is a fantastic dance band, but can you also play more mellow music during dinner or cocktail hour?
- Are you willing to learn new songs I might request for my event?
- I have songs that I’d like you to play on CD or Ipod. Can you accommodate that?
- Will Accolade be cheesy like many wedding and corporate bands, or lack class and professionalism like many nightclub bands?